Quality Assurance Vs Quality Control
Category : Quality Management
Quality Assurance (QA)
- The planned and systematic activities implemented in a quality system so that quality requirements for a product or service will abe fulfilled.
- QA deals with how to prevent bugs from occurring in a product being developed.
- QA responsibility is to create and implement methods and standards to improve processes.
- QA is associated with activities like measuring the quality of process used to develop a product, process improvement and defect prevention.
- It consists of auditing and reporting procedures related to development and testing.
- Procedure or set of procedures intended to ensure that a performed service adheres to a defined set of quality criteria or meets the customer expectations.
- QC is about evaluating the services, find the issues & suggest improvements.
- QC implements the process established by QA.
Quality Assurance makes sure we are doing the right things, the right way.
Quality Control makes sure the results of what we’ve done are what we expected.