Knowledge Management Framework
Category : Quality Management
- Reuse effective techniques: Identifying and documenting successful strategies, techniques, shortcuts, and checklists can help future project teams build on a history of positive results.
- Establish estimation model : By having reliable data as a foundation, a budget spreadsheet with estimated values based on past projects can help kick-start the next project.
- Develop better resource estimates based on past experience: There is no better support for the rationale of the project resource plan than data about the resource use of similar past projects.
- Educate project managers and team members: The history of past projects is a great resource for teaching people how to manage projects and work in a project environment.
- Learn from past mistakes: Sweeping mistakes under the rug is a costly mistake. Acknowledging mistakes, analyzing their causes, and identifying ways to prevent them in the future is a far more beneficial approach.